Susie posted a Christmas Q&A and I thought I'd jump on the wagon as well. Feel free to do the same...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Where's the fun in the bags? You need ribbon that's a pain to get off and paper you can rip!
2. Real tree or artificial? Real. I'd rather not have a tree than have an artificial one. To me they represent everything that's fake about Christmas.
3. When do you put up the tree? The fourth Saturday before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? At the beginning of January.
(The perils of cutting and pasting.. #5 was missing!)
6. Favourite gift received as a child? At the time it was probably a Barbie doll. But right now the only thing I can think of is a doll my mum made (and she made one for my sister too). Although that wasn't a Christmas present, we got them as an Advent present. There's an important lesson in that, I think...
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? No.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Can I say myself? I'm very picky. I throw a hissy fit if I don't get exactly what I want! (K-I-D-D--I-N-G!)
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mum and my sister. Or myself. Just gimme some yarna nd I'm happy.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh, I'm too nice to say that... but I can say that it was red...
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail, please! But I'm always late with my cards, so I don't mind the email kind, either!
12. Favourite Christmas movie? I haven't got one. Although I do like watching the Snowman. And for New Year's I have to watch this strange German show about an old lady and her butler. It's her birthday and he serves food and drink for her and her guests. Only the guests are imaginary, so the butler has to drink for them. It's hilarious!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Ohh... at the end of September, but I have bought presents earlier than that if I saw just the right thing for someone.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think I have, actually. I can't remember to be honest.
15. Favourite things to eat at Christmas? Home made marzipan sweets. My mum's caramelised potatoes. Ris a la mande, a Danish Christmas dessert.
16. Clear lights or coloured on the tree? I'm old skool, so I prefer proper candles, but I accept that that isn't always possible.
17. Favourite Christmas song or album? Yes! It's called A Very Special Christmas. I particularly like the Run DMC track and the Bruce Springsteen one.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel, so I can go to Denmark, of course! ;-)
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? No. Santa lives in Greenland so his sleigh is driven by dogs.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. In my family it has always been a nisse. The fact that Tony and I haven't got one at the moment, doesn't stop me from thinking that's the only thing you can have on the top of the tree. ;-)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas Eve of course. This Christmas morning lark is only for weirdos. ;-b
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who think it's all about the presents.
23. What is the “silliest” family tradition you do, or miss doing? Hmmm.. dunno...
24. Ugliest Christmas decoration ever invented? Anything over the top outside, basically anything that's not strings of lights is an abomination. Not to mention wasting electricity...
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees? Homey ones! I can't stand theme ones, they have no personality. They are almost as bad as fake trees!
26. Gingerbread or sugar cookies? I don't know what either of them are, so I'll stick with my home made Danish Christmas cookies... ;-)