I thought I'd share a bit about how I organised this quilt, because umm.. at first I was very not-at-all-organised about it. I knew I wanted to use 2½" and 4½" squares. At first I thought maybe I would do a 4-patch 9-patch design, but when I was sketching ideas for it, it just didn't feel right.
Then I kept seeing quilt designs that used crosses and I really liked that idea. But I didn't have enough of any of my cloud fabrics to make a 'background', so I needed to find a solution. I spent a couple of days sketching ideas and I ended up with this:
Other than this overall design, I did no have a plan when I set about laying out the top. On our bed. It took me a couple of hours to lay it out and move stuff around until I was happy with it.
It was quite a lot of extra work, but it worked an absolute charm! It was so easy to keep track of each square within a square. I don't think I've got a single square out of place! Huzzah! I doubt I could have said that if I had tried to do it as I went along. ;-)
And, wow, I just checked back - I started planning this quilt in October last year! I think good things are worth waiting for... :-)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .